Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Publication: Knockout

I am pleased to announce that I have a poem in the Spring 2010 issue of Knockout. The issue includes my poem "Against Our Better Judgement We Plan a Trip to Iran." This poem is part of a short series I wrote about the treatment of gay people in Iran. This series also includes my poem "Iranian Boys Hanged for Sodomy, July 2005," which won the 2008 Oscar Wilde Poetry Award from Gival Press.

I'm thrilled to be a part of Knockout and to share the pages with other fine poets. This issue includes work by Matthew Hittinger, Richard Siken, and Sherman Alexie. There is also an interview with Charles Jensen whose first book, entitled The First Risk, is amazing.

I also want to thank Jeremy Halinen who is one of the editors of Knockout. He was great to work with and has been very supportive and interested in seeing more of my work.

This is a print magazine, so you can't read it, if you don't buy it. I do encourage you to support my work and this great literary magazine. You can buy your copy here: http://www.knockoutlit.org/

-Stephen (Knocked Out)

1 comment: