Monday, April 26, 2010

My Poem Reviewed by Steve Fellner

Over the weekend, I was notified by Knockout magazine that my poem, "Against Our Better Judgment We Plan a Trip to Iran" from issue three, had been reviewed by the poet Steve Fellner on his blog. This was quite a surprise to me. Since I do not have a book of poems out yet, I rarely see any review or discussion of my work by strangers. I do not know Steve Fellner, which made his review all the more fascinating and flattering.

One of the greatest parts about writing and publishing your work, is hearing responses to it that are thoughtful and intelligent. Steve Fellner's review is just that, and I'm honored that he felt moved enough by my poem to write about it and to help get my name out there to more readers.

I have to say this boosted my confidence and will be something I will return to on those dark days when I question everything I write and when I wonder what the hell I'm doing.

Read his review here and feel free to leave a comment.

-Stephen (Flattered)

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I read the post before his review and he said he chose two stand-out poems.

    ReplyDelete