Sunday, November 7, 2010

Podcast 25: Brad Pitt Poems Part 1

For the month of November, I am devoting my poetry podcasts to recording a series of poems I wrote that use Brad Pitt and Brad Pitt films as their jumping off points. The poems are interrelated and work as the central section of my first book manuscript.

As I've written before, these poems mean a lot to me, because they were a huge breakthrough in my thinking about pop culture in poetry and about how I could get the workings of a gay relationship onto the page. The poems are strange in places, funny in others, and often a little heartbreaking.

Today's podcast is a recording of the first two poems in the series. They are titled "A Gay Man's Ode to Brad Pitt" and "Arguing After You Claim to Have Seen Brad Pitt Getting in a Taxi." There are eight poems in total and I will be recording and posting the other six in the weeks to come.

I hope you enjoy listening.


-Stephen (Starstruck)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete