Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Top Blog Posts of 2010

As the year comes to a close, I thought it would be fun (or self-indulgent) to look back over my blog posts from 2010 and pick out my favorite ones and repost links to them. I'm really proud of my blog and the fact that I've kept up with it for a year and a half now. In 2010, I wrote 98 posts (not including this one) on a variety of topics that sparked interesting conversations with so many people either in the comments section, on Faceback, or in person. Looking back has inspired me to keep writing more and more posts.

Here are the five I found the most interesting and thought-provoking of the year. I hope you will re-read some of them or perhaps read these for the very first time.

5. I wrote about a lot of books over the year, but my favorite book post was one I wrote back in June titled "Being Persistent: Thoughts on Being Raised in the Time of AIDS." The post reflects on my own fears and questions regarding AIDS, the impact the AIDS crisis had on the gay community, and reviews a AIDS poetry anthology.

4. Back in July I wrote the post "You Know How Bitchy Fags Can Be: My First Viewing of Valley of the Dolls" and I was pleasantly surprised by the reaction to the post. It explores the film from a 2010 gay perspective and even manages to tie poetry into it.

3. "A Bug Motel, A Pink Cat, and Why Poetry Isn't a Hobby" was written back in September and is a great examination of the word "hobby" and what drives me to write poetry.

2. "Floating Brotherhood" was written on January 26, 2010 is about my second gay cruise experience and the power of being surrounded by gay men.

1. My favorite post from 2010 is one I wrote on February 12 called "The Right-Hand Ring: Thoughts on Marriage." This post is about my decision to have an open relationship and it got me the most comments of any post I wrote this year. I enjoyed all of the discussions I had about this post and hope it might spark more by reposting it.

-Stephen (Blogger)

No comments:

Post a Comment