Sunday, January 16, 2011

Podcast 32: Against Our Better Judgment We Plan a Trip to Iran

Yesterday, I was happy to discover that a review had been printed on New Pages for issue 3 of Knockout, which was published in the spring of 2010 and included my poem "Against Our Better Judgment We Plan a Trip to Iran." The review praises the issue and particularly comments on my poem and even quotes a few lines from it. You can check out the review here.

In honor of the review, I decided to do a podcast of the poem and post it today. I've mentioned the poem a few times. I wrote it in grad school as part of my thesis and part of a short series of poems that all deal with the treatment of homosexuals in Iran. I'm proud of the poem and the recognition it has gotten.

I hope you enjoy hearing it.

Listen here.

-Stephen (Knocked Out)

No comments:

Post a Comment