Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Publication: The Los Angeles Review

If you follow me on Twitter or are my friend on Facebook, you probably have already seen me post and promote my latest poem to get published. My poem "A Man Tells My Lover and Me Happy Valentine's Day" is in the current issue of The Los Angeles Review. I'm thrilled to see this poem in print. I wrote it over a year ago and it is probably one of the shortest poems I've ever written.

Writing can be a very solitary act, so I always find it rewarding to hold in my hands an issue of a magazine containing my work along side the work of many other great writers. I am honored to be a part of the The Los Angeles Review. This is the second time they have published me, which is exciting and one of the first times I've reappeared in a magazine. It feels like a new step in my writing career to have people want to include me in more than one issue.

As always, I encourage people to read and check out literary magazines. The Los Angeles Review is well worth the money, so go buy a copy and read my poem (http://redhen.org/losangelesreview/). You can also still get a copy of the spring 2010 issue, which contains my poem "A History of Hangers." Happy reading!

-Stephen (Pleased)

No comments:

Post a Comment