Sunday, March 20, 2011

Podcast 33: Fisting You for the First Time on the Day "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is Repealed

Today I am returning to podcast Sundays with a new poem to share. I haven't done many podcasts recently for various reasons. 2011 has proved to be a challenging year so far. It has also been a very productive one for my blog, but I haven't written as many poems in the last three months. As most of you writers know, we sometimes hit a slow period with our writing. This is one of mine. I have been doing a lot of thinking and I am hoping to focus and decide on a new poetry project in the coming weeks.

That's not to say I haven't written anything, because I have, including today's poem. This poem is titled "Fisting You for the First Time on the Day 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' is Repealed." I wrote this right after the repeal of DADT, since then I have revised it many times and have let it sit and I'm happy with the end result, which is why I am sharing it today.

The poem attempts to explore the idea of violence and intimacy and while DADT is in the title, it is really just a backdrop for the poem (though there are various ways to closely connect it to the actions and thoughts of the poem, but I will leave that to you).

Listen here.

-Stephen (Fists Across America)

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog after doing a search for other people who share my favourite books..... Nice poetry, please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie! I am glad you found my blog and have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete