Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Call for Books to Review

I was late to the blogging world. Okay, I was really, really late. I started my blog two years ago when pretty much everything you read about blogs was that they were dying. The in-crowd has, I guess, moved on to other things. Regardless, I have found success here with my blog and it has kept me writing and thinking critically about poetry, social issues, pop culture, and my own life.

At the beginning of 2011, I had the goal to broaden the scope of my blog and to include more voices. I want my site to be a place that not only explores my ideas and promotes my work, but explores and promotes others' ideas and work. I've done this through my monthly interview series, which has been extremely rewarding and enjoyable. I've also done this by reviewing books I've read that truly strike me.

Today, I'm wanting to take my reviewing a step further, so I am putting out a call for books to review. I am willing to review any poetry book someone wants to send me. Before, I have pretty much only reviewed books I picked myself and truly enjoyed in some way, so this will be a new challenge. I will be honest in my reviews, but my goal is not to trash anyone's book.

If you are a poet out there looking for more reviews of your book, please send me an email at stephenscott22@gmail.com. I look forward to reading and reviewing your work.

-Stephen (Calling)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! you are doing something very helpful. new (and seasoned) writers all need some inspiration and correction from a willing mind.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A generous and perhaps somewhat dangerous offer. :)

    I wish I had a book in publishable form, but at the moment nothing is ready to distribute.

    I honor your desire to give back. I think it's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to clarify, so there wouldn't be any confusion. I want published books only. I wish I had time to offer free advice on unpublished manuscripts, but I can't at this time.

    If you are looking for more reviews of your published book, please contact me.

    Sorry if my wording was confusing.

    ReplyDelete