Monday, August 15, 2011

Podcast 38: My Mother Calls to Say Her Bones Are Disappearing

I've slowed down a bit on the blogging in the last few weeks. Maybe it is the heat. Maybe I've been preoccupied with other things. Or maybe I've just been lazy. Regardless, I wanted to post something today and start to get back on track.

I've spent a lot of my time this summer writing and working on a new long poem called "A Brief History of How My Parents Didn't Die." It is a 16 page poem that documents the real events of an explosion that happened in my hometown in the 1960s. It's been an interesting and challenging project. Since, I've spent so much time on this one piece, I haven't written as many shorter works as I typically do.

Today's podcast is of one of the few other pieces I've written in the last few months. It is a poem called "My Mother Calls to Say Her Bones Are Disappearing." The poem is structured in a similar way to a few other poems of mine that use a phone call as a jumping off point. Maybe I have a series here.

I hope you will enjoy hearing this new piece, which I have just started sending out to magazines.

Listen here.

-Stephen (Boned)

No comments:

Post a Comment