Monday, October 10, 2011

Podcast 39: Not Telling My Parents I'm in Therapy While Driving Over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, Which Collapsed 31 Years Ago

Today I thought I would share a new poetry podcast. I haven't posted many in the last few months. This is partially due to the fact that I've been writing some longer pieces that are harder to do podcasts of and also partially due to the fact that I haven't been writing quite as much recently. I've been focusing some of my writing time on issues involving my book that is coming out in March.

Today's poem is my newest work and a poem that will hopefully interest my readers. It has the honor of having the longest title I've ever written. The poem is titled "Not Telling My Parents I'm in Therapy While Driving Over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, Which Collapsed 31 Years Ago."

The poem continues my interest in documentary poetics. The poem tells the story of a real bridge and a real disaster spliced with my own life and history.


-Stephen (Sunny)

1 comment:

  1. God! Stephen, I lived at the base of this bridge...in what used to be known as the "pink streets" of the Pinellas Park area of St. Pete. We could see the bridge from our front yard, and can't count how many times I crossed it, hoping it would 'hold' and I wouldn't fall into the Bay. Another wonderful poem, and another reminder of just how much so many of us really share...like it or not. All the best, Chuck

    ReplyDelete