Wednesday, February 1, 2012

News and Updates

Happy February! 2012 is proving to be a busy year for me (especially these first few months). A lot has been going on and a lot is on the horizon. I thought I'd round up all the news into one post to keep anyone interested up to date.

First of all, my first book of poems, He Do the Gay Man in Different Voices, is now officially available for pre-order! It comes out March 15th (in just six weeks), but pre-ordering makes sure you get one of the very first copies. You can pre-order by visiting Sibling Rivalry Press. If anyone is interested in an advanced copy for review purposes, you can contact the publisher. I am also available for interviews.

In just one month, I will be at AWP in Chicago. I'm going for fun and the experience. If you are going to be there, hopefully we will run into each other. I'm excited to see some of my old friends and to make some new ones.

On March 15th, my book officially comes out and I will be hosting a reading and book launch here in Orlando, Florida. If you live here, you can buy your copy of my book at the event. I'll be signing copies. It will take place at 7:30 PM at The Center on Mills Avenue (yes, the GLBT center in Orlando is on Mills Avenue). Invite your friends! A Facebook event page is coming soon.

At the end of March, I'll be in New York City for the Rainbow Book Fair. I'm thrilled about this trip and excited to meet so many of the amazing poets I've communicated with over the last few years. On Friday, March 23rd, I'll be participating in a really exciting reading for Assaracus. The event will bring together a lot of gay poets who will all be reading from work that has appeared in the journal Assaracus. Check out the Facebook event page for more information. I will also be doing a reading from my book on the 24th at the Rainbow Book Fair and I'll be signing copies at the Sibling Rivalry Press table. Come see me.

On April 28th, I'll be doing a reading in Atlanta at the Decatur Library from 3 PM to 5 PM. This will be with three other Sibling Rivalry Press poets. I love Atlanta and look forward to this reading and trip.

In other poetry news, I have new work in Pank's February issue, which typically releases in the middle of the month. I also have two poems in the newest issue of Grist, which will be available at AWP in March. Three of my poems have been accepted for inclusion in the book People Are Talking About You: An Anthology of New Gay and Lesbian Poetry edited by Shane Allison.

Thanks for reading and caring! I hope to meet many of you in my travels over the next few months.

-Stephen (Dreaming)


2 comments:

  1. Definitely stop by the QW table and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! What a great season, sir! So excited to read the book--pre-ordered, bam!--and to see you at AWP and in NYC.

    ReplyDelete