Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Off to AWP and Other News

Tomorrow I head to Chicago for AWP. I'm excited to go. This will actually be my first time at AWP. It's nice because it's a no stress trip for me. I'm not presenting or working any tables. I'm just going and enjoying the experience. I'm really looking forward to meeting many people that I've spent so much time talking to online, but haven't actually met face to face. This includes my publisher, Bryan Borland. Actually, maybe this is a high stress trip. If you are going and you see me, please say hello. I hope I won't disappoint in person. It will be a short, but action packed trip (I'm sure).

Tomorrow also marks the two week countdown to the official release of my book, He Do the Gay Man in Different Voices. It's been an exciting journey so far and the interest in the book has been great. I'm very thankful to everyone who has already bought a copy and for those willing to write reviews. You can pre-order copies on Sibling Rivalry Press's website. If you do have a copy, please consider rating it or reviewing it on Amazon or on Goodreads (I just created an author page on there).

If you are in the Orlando area, remember that on March 15th I am hosting a reading and book launch. I'll be selling and signing copies for $14 (cash only) and will be reading from the book. Please check out the Facebook event.

My poem "Sex Education," which is also in my book, was just published in the February issue of PANK. You can read the poem and listen to it. PANK is awesome, so check it out.

I also have two new poems (not in my book) that are in the newest issue of Grist, which will be launched at AWP this week. Check it out.

Finally, I'll be heading to NYC in just 22 days for the Rainbow Book Fair. I'll be participating in two reading while in New York. More info to come.

-Stephen (Windy)


No comments:

Post a Comment