Sunday, August 12, 2012

Poetry Podcast: Standing in Front of Pollock's Greyed Rainbow, Chicago, 2012

In 2010, I devoted a lot of my blog to podcasting my work. This was something I wanted to try and I was pleased with the results. I recorded quite a few poems throughout the year and some in 2011. It became a fun way to share my work without publishing it on my own site, which I don't do.

Today, I decided to return to podcasting and recorded a new poem. Yesterday, August 11th, marked the 56th anniversary of the death of the famous painter Jackson Pollock. Pollock is one of my favorite artists and was a huge part of the art scene in New York when some of my favorite poets were writing (like Frank O'Hara). As many people know, I have a bit of an obsession with the New York art and writing scene in the 1950s and '60s. This obsession is part of the new book manuscript I am writing. Pollock is actually featured in three poems in the manuscript so far. This includes the one I recorded today.

For this podcast, I recorded my poem "Standing in Front of Pollock's Greyed Rainbow, Chicago, 2012." I wrote this poem after going to Chicago for AWP this past March. I hope you enjoy.

Listen here.

-Stephen (Splattered)

No comments:

Post a Comment