Monday, January 28, 2013

Upcoming Events

It's hard to believe that January is nearly over. It's been snowing a bit in NYC today and I'm enjoying the cold weather. It's a nice change from seven years in Florida.

2013 is in full swing and I have a few exciting events coming up in the next two months. The first one is a reading this coming Wednesday night (January 30th). This will be my first reading as a New Yorker. I'm reading with two other Sibling Rivalry Poets (Robert Siek and Matthew Hittinger). It will be a great night of poetry. I'll mostly be reading from my book He Do the Gay Man in Different Voices. The reading is taking place at the Bureau of General Services Queer Division (27 Orchard St., New York, NY). It starts at 7 PM.

At the end of February, I begin teaching a six-week poetry workshop at Poet's House here in NYC. I'm really excited to have this opportunity. If you or anyone you know is interested in taking the workshop, you can find all the information here. The workshop will focus on the creation of a chapbook. What makes a good chapbook? How does one organize a chapbook?

The last event I want to promote is a big queer reading at AWP in March. I'm excited to once again head to AWP. It is in Boston this year, which is a place I've never been. The reading is taking place at Club Cafe and it is a four hour event with lots and lots of readers. Each hour has a different host and represents a different queer press. I'll be reading for Sibling Rivalry Press between 5 and 6 on March 7th.

Hope to see some of you at one of these events!

-Stephen (Poet)



No comments:

Post a Comment